I love the discipline of Project Management, it is what I am about; getting things done in the best possible way for the best possible outcome. With a commitment to teamwork, effective communication and pragmatic approaches to managing projects I am constantly learning and striving to improve.
Accredited with PMI, SCRUM and Prince2 certifications my career has spanned 15 years and 3 continents delivering large and small-scale projects for companies like Microsoft, Foxtel and Insurance and care NSW. People who have worked with me on teams say that I am passionate, positive and enthusiastic.
My current focus and passions are Mindfulness, Human Centred Design, Lean and Agile techniques and tools in Project Management and leadership.
|Insurance and Care NSW (icare)||PMO Manager||Aug 2016 – Current|
|Insurance and Care NSW (icare)||Program Manager||July 2015 – July 2016|
|Star Scientific Limited||R&D Project Manager||Feb 2010 – Jun 2015|
|Foxtel Limited||Senior Project Manager||Aug 2009 – Jan 2010|
|Microsoft Corporation (Redmond USA)||Senior Program Manager||Dec 2005 – Nov 2008|
|Microsoft (UK) Limited||Program Manager||Jun 2001 – Nov 2005|
|Leggett’s Real Estate||Family Business||1992 – 2001|
★ Core skills:
➽ Portfolio, Program & Project Management
➽ Lean, Agile and Human Centred Design
➽ Managing geographically displaced & culturally diverse teams
➽ Project Management Planning Tools
➽ Stakeholder Communication & Management
➽ Building high-performance teams & relationships
➽ Dealing with ambiguity, getting up to speed fast
➽ Detail oriented, focussed on outcomes
➽ Strong numerical literacy, cost analysis, budget control, and risk management
✔ Portfolio, Program & Project Management Office Management and Development
✔ Large-scale global programs & projects
✔ Small startups requiring hands-on approaches
✔ Lean, Agile (SCRUM and Kanban), Waterfall, Prince2, PMBOK
✔ Project definition, planning, and scheduling
✔ ICT Transformations
✔ Enterprise Change Management
✔ Business case development
✔ Scope, Risk & Change Management
✔ User training & experience testing
✔ Logistics & Payment gateways
✔ Government Procurement (RFP, RFQ, RFT)
✔ Office 365 and SharePoint Deployment
✔ Data analysis
✔ Customer support & CRM systems
✔ Software-based tools to efficiently run projects (Implemented and Administered CA PPM aka Clarity)
✔ Website implementation
✔ Advanced MS Project, Excel, Visio, Access, SharePoint
Accreditation & Education
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified SCRUM Master
- PMI – Project Management Professional
- Prince2 – Practitioner
- Diploma of Management (Distinction)
- Diploma of Human Resources (Credit)
- Certificate IV – Workplace Health and Safety
- Associate Diploma of Business
- Mastery University training with Anthony Robbins for leaders, trainers, and influencers
Enterprise Project Management Office, Centre of Excellence Manager
May 2017 – Present
Responsible for the capability uplift of the Project Management function with the enterprise. Using Human Centred Design principles and techniques to enable programs and projects to go faster with better quality to deliver a large transformation across the business.
Introducing lean and agile ways of working to accelerate the delivery of outcomes for the people of NSW.
Project Management Office Manager
Jul 2016 – Jun 2017
Stood up the PMO for IT Transformation. Conducted maturity assessment and built out the Solution Development Life Cycle including processes, guidelines, and templates.
Managed a team of 12 Program and Project Managers, Business Analysts, Test Managers and PMO analysts.
Jun 2015 – Jun 2016
Leading the Information Services (IT) restructure of WorkCover and related entities into the new Insurance and Care NSW (icare), State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) and SafeWork NSW. As a service and in house transition of all IT systems and applications.
Star Scientific Limited Feb 2010 – June 2015
Research Project Human Resources and Safety Manager
With a keen interest in science, I joined (SSL) as a labour of love and yet another new challenge. Pursuing a significantly improved form of nuclear reaction which if successful would revolutionize world energy supply. In this role, I have fulfilled broad responsibilities including project management.
- ✔Delivery of day-to-day project-based research tasks
- ✔Design and delivery of an in-house WHS Management system on a SharePoint platform
- ✔Planned and Implemented end to end Performance Management System including a comprehensive business case, researching solutions and vendor selection, design and delivery of training of all managers and staff, writing of policy and procedures to support the initiative, appraisal templates and setting up the system for use for handover to management.
- ✔Performing an iterative scientific research regime of rolling prototypes and subsequent testing of each project, assessing success through various criteria and improving IT systems to capture and record results both live and for analysis after the fact feeding back to engineering for further prototype development
- ✔Developed integrated system for capturing results and notes on each iteration of the project.
- ✔Implementation of LabView graphical development platform to digitize analogue data feeds, capture in the purpose-built database and shorten development times for new and improved feeds of information coming back from experiments.
- ✔Managing IT and scientific equipment upgrades all the way through the lifecycle of the equipment and associated software including scoping, design, proposals and business case, Request for Quotes with mostly international suppliers, commissioning and implementing the solutions to very complex problems.
- ✔Designed and Built MSDS Management System including automatic reporting capability based on SharePoint, Visio, Excel, and Access.
- ✔Built an Asset and Inventory Management system complete with alerts of low stock based on SharePoint and Excel.
- ✔Implemented Radiation Health Physics system including a backend SQL database
- ✔General IT infrastructure management in a laboratory environment
(Further details are covered by comprehensive NDA)
Foxtel Aug 2009 – Jan 2010
Senior Project Manager
Foxtel On Demand – Providing Video On Demand over IP, developing FOXTEL’s digital on-demand distribution platform, igniting the IP port on Foxtel population of IQ set top boxes. Strategic project >$10 million budget.
- ✔Senior Project Manager in Prince2 environment with Board level involvement
- ✔Responsible for overall project
- ✔Project team comprised of Engineering team, content team, User Experience, 3rd party suppliers including Telstra and Isreali based security company, customer support, and broadcast operations.
- ✔Requirements gathering, business case development, risk, communication and quality planning
- ✔Supplier RFP, selection and procurement including Content Delivery Network
- ✔Stakeholder management including CEO, CFO, CIO, COO
- ➽Successful completion to initiation stage for major strategic project.
Family travel & migration Dec 2008 – July 2009
Microsoft Corporation (Redmond, Washington, USA) Dec 2005 – Nov 2008
Senior Project Manager – Xbox & Zune Nov 2007 – Nov 2008
Hired by one of the previous Project Sponsors I was responsibility for driving global online support away from call centres to an under-performing online platform for both Xbox and Zune. The charter here was to rebuild the whole Xbox and Zune online experience streamlining everything from the repair process to content management system which handled the FAQ database and a total re-write of the content
- ✔Large mission critical project bringing together four separate teams to deliver a solution.
- ✔Selected and led project team, third party vendors, and developers globally from beginning to end of project, collaborating with local country representation on the best strategy and plan to implement in their locales. Extremely complex and diverse needs and systems required to implement.
- ✔Prepared financial models and business cases
- ✔Selected vendors and technology to build the website including Content Management and ecommerce platforms.
- ✔Business requirements, functional and technical specification documentation.
- ✔Program managing the whole team including project managers, content managers, developers, solution managers, hardware architects.
- ✔Many aspects to this complex program of work
- ➽Successfully drove and led change to create a better customer experience with significant cost savings. Represented business and presented to business on overall strategy and developing plans.
- ➽Launched improved online support site http://support.xbox.com/us driving online repair rates from 5% to 14% in 12 months with ROI of 8:1 achieving stated objective.
Senior Program Manager – Siebel CRM Apr 2006 – Nov 2007
Promoted to a “stretch” assignment to a previously failed large scale project rescue, implementing Siebel CRM to external Partners. Responsible for Enterprise Group interests on project including strategic and tactical decisions on direction, requirements, implementation, deployment and adoption.
- ✔Managed requirements, scope, sought funding and contributed to business case
- ✔Gathered requirements on a World Wide tour conducting workshops in Brazil, France, Germany, Australia, UK, India and US
- ✔Managed stakeholders up to General Manager level through steering committee
- ✔Managed teams in US and India
- ✔Change control board
- ✔Developed training packages
- ✔Developed and implemented user acceptance testing
- ➽Partner Sales Manager deployed February 2007 with second release following in September 2007, deployment and adoption took hold around the world with 7000 external partner users and 2000 internal users of the system.
- ➽For the first time the company was getting an accurate view of it’s extremely valuable partner channel enabling fit to focus resources to the right areas to build the channel.
Program Manager – Worldwide Enterprise Data Asset Management Dec 2005 – Mar 2006
Promoted and transferred to Corporate HQ into the WW Enterprise Group by previous Manager who had moved over from the UK. Charged with conducting the feasibility of running a similar project I had completed successfully in UK. High stakes and visibility, US$20 billion business needing to clean up its data quality in order to get a better understanding of pipeline and customers to drive incremental sales.
- ✔Worked with Microsoft’s data management division on the feasibility of running on a World Wide basis a data cleansing project
- ✔Developed project feasibility study and business case which was presented to key executives, the project was shelved because of cost to implement on wider scale, the ROI was just not high enough.
Microsoft (UK) Ltd, London Nov 2004 – Nov 2005
Project Manager – Telesales
Promoted to full time permanent employee roll leading a project to spin up a telephone based sales engine
- ✔Gathered requirements and planned resource needs
- ✔Sourced funding, planned space and equipment for new team
- ✔Hired team of 6 contractors
- ✔Implemented campaign guidelines, processes, procedures and management initiatives enabling better prioritising of workload and capacity planning.
- ➽Aligned Marketing and Sales organisations efforts and processes through a common goal.
- ➽Drove incremental revenue within 630 accounts in Enterprise and 20,000 Midmarket Accounts
- ➽Streamlined process and tools to make a more effective sales team enabling them to drive deeper into accounts.
- ➽Achieved influence on £14 million of closed business.
Microsoft (UK) Ltd, London – Independent Contractor Jun 01- Oct 04
Project Manager – Data Cleansing Project- Enterprise Group Business Operations Oct – 2003 – Oct 2004
As the subject matter expert for the Internal Siebel CRM system I was once again promoted to lead another difficult project. Mandate was to build trust in pipeline data and provide useful data to marketing and sales leadership over 12 month period.
- ✔Planned and executed Data Asset Management Program.
- ✔Gathered requirements and planned resource needs
- ✔Hired team of six contractors “Data Cleansers” to clean contact and pipeline data for the subsidiary.
- ✔Planned and prioritised work packages for team
- ➽Enabled sales leadership to make strategic decisions on where to focus resource and make their sales targets for the year by delivering data they could rely on.
- ➽Marketing, who provided the funding for the project, were able to set up a foundation of marketing campaigns based on the improved data.
Project Manager – Software Asset Management Dec 2002 – Oct 2003
Hired because of my reputation for getting things done, this project was my baptism of fire into IT. Responsible for the development of Software Asset Management System with fairly limited resources and a small dedicated team of 4. The business problem was “How do we understand our customers licensing position when they don’t understand it themselves?” Customer satisfaction was suffering from an extremely lengthy and costly audit process.
- ✔Gathered requirements from the field to design and implement a licensing evaluation tool
- ✔Subcontracted data mining and building of data cubes with all licensing data for the subsidiary
- ✔3rd party contractor procurement and management
- ➽System took normal audit process from 8-12 weeks to a few days
- ➽Tool successfully enabled the fast auditing of customers licensing position with 25:1 ROI.
- ➽Strategy and application was adopted worldwide
- ➽Software Asset Management methodology is still in use today.
Project Manager – Training – June 2001 – Dec 2002
Project based role responsible for design and delivery of effective sales and marketing systems training with integrated business process and sales methodology.
- ✔Gathering business requirements, planning resource requirements.
- ✔Mapping of end to end business processes to the Siebel CRM implementation
- ✔Managed various stakeholders from Sales Management, sales people, marketeers and corporate
- ✔Hired subcontractors to complete training and other resource needs.
- ✔Gathered requirements for new releases of Siebel CRM System on behalf of the subsidiary
- ✔Planned and managed new releases for the subsidiary
- ✔Planned and managed systematic rollout of Siebel CRM tool
- ✔Planned and designed business intelligence reporting to drive adoption in the various verticals
- ➽Increased adoption from within the subsidiary from virtually zero to 100% of Enterprise business
- ➽Improved Business processes and Siebel CRM usage through proactive training and support.
References: Can be supplied on request.
Interests: Outdoors, adventure racing, mountain biking, spending time with friends and family.